Founded in 1929 by Earl Bertrand Bradley, the company began selling products for
Knape and Vogt Co. of Grand Rapids, Michigan.
With the opening of the Los Angeles branch in 1929, the company became a wholesale
distributor specializing in store fixture and specialty hardware such as drawer
slides, hinges, brackets and standards. In 1943 branch offices were opened in San
Francisco followed by Seattle in 1956.
The company's market position and business began to grow during the late 1950's
and 1960's after adding Wilsonart's high-pressure laminate line to its product mix.
During the 1970's under the leadership of E.B. Bradley's son Robert E. Bradley,
Sr., two new branches were opened; San Diego in 1972 and Portland in 1976. Significant
product additions were the Blum line of European hinges and drawer slides and Accuride
precision ball bearing drawer slides. A greater emphasis as a supplier to the Cabinet
and Furniture industries was taking hold.
Since the opening of the Anaheim branch in 1995, the company has been consistently
In 1998 the company entered the cold press lamination business by opening 3 locations
of its West Coast Laminating subsidiary in the Los Angeles, San Francisco and Pacific